Friday, January 17, 2014

January 17

Is it weird to say "Happy 2014", when we are already 17 days into January? Well, anyway, I hope you had a good start into this new year!

The last weeks of 2013 were "challenging", and of course the challenges didn't stop just because we've started out into a new year and write 2014 now instead of 2013. And if that weren't enough, my "go-to" lens gave up on me last week - I'm not sure I'm ready for the estimate of its costs of repair...

Here is one of the last photos with it:


and yes, it's really been taken only a few days ago. You wouldn't believe this is a "January photo", would you? I could happily do without any snow for the rest of winter here; due to the mild temperatures we've had since Christmas, I'm all set for a nice and balmy spring. And flowers!!

So, this Friday finds me happy to be here again, I'm looking forward to catch up on you. And to hop over to Kim's to have a look at some other Friday Finds.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! And Happy 2014!




15 comments:

Dotti said...

Hi, Rosie! And Happy New Year! I hope your lens repair won't set you back too much. Maybe this is a good opportunity to fall in love again with another lens.

Evelyn S. said...

Happy New Year, Rosie! Unfortunately, we have scenery much the same as you do....it's not good for land that depends upon the winter snowpack for spring and summer water!

LONDONLULU said...

I'm so happy to say Happy 2014 to you, Rosie! I wouldn't mind a beautiful balmy scene like this, we've had some deep freeze days lately:) I do hope you get to repair the lens, or maybe a good excuse for a new one...? Wishing you more good days in the coming weeks!

hootnonny said...

Better late than never, Rosie! What a peaceful image you have here!

Gail Dixon said...

Hi Rosie! It's always a treat when you post! And what a lovely photo to grace your blog with. Happy 2014 to you, too!

Lisa Gordon said...

Happy New Year to you, my friend!!
I wish you only the most wonderful things in 2014.

P.S. I am sorry about your lens. :-(

Becs said...

Hello you, happy new year! Sorry about your lens, fingers crossed it can be fixed without breaking the bank or a new favourite found. Hope 2014 is a good one. xx

leanne can blog said...

Beautiful image! happy new year to you as well.

gina said...

We missed seeing you and your lovely images, Rosie! Hard to believe that image was taken in January, unless you were in California. :) Hope 2014 will be full of happy days for you!

Sylvia said...

Happy 2014, Rosie !
Sorry about your lens ... lovely image !
Mild temperatures here too, it feels like spring, my Geranium outside started blooming ...
Nice weekend,
Sylvia

Justine said...

gorgeous shot, shame about your lens, hope you get it fixed. Thanks for your lovely message, thanks for thinking of us, here's to a great 2014

Nancy said...

Along with the others, I am so sorry about your lens....It's amazing that you are having this kind of weather but enjoy....

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

It's never to late to say happy New Year ! Hope your dental work wasn't too painful and good luck with the lens (gulp)

Laura said...

Wow what a stunning landscape and you would not believe it was January. Very sorry to hear about your lens. Any way of claiming on your house insurance? I hope the rest of 2014 is much happier!

Unknown said...

It is incredible to see no snow in January! Good luck with your lens ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...